Living Safely Surviving Disasters
Living Safely provides a variety of lifestyle, education, travel and other books for active people taking charge of their own safety, happiness and health.
Written by travel and safety experts as well as dozens of contributing writers in the emergency services, public health, safety, legal, medical and other related professions, Living Safely Surviving Disasters provides a wide variety of useful information, actionable tips and checklists to help prevent getting sick or injured from a natural or man-made disaster.
The book covers a wide variety of safety issues crucial to everyone living in areas prone to natural or man-made disasters including floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, lightning storms, heat waves, cold snaps, terror attacks and disease outbreaks.
Can you provide an overview of the book?
In 20 chapters and 5 appendices, we show you how to:
- develop effective emergency plans in case things go wrong;
- understand safety issues and improve your chances of survival if trouble strikes;
- avoid disease and illness while the local infrastructure is damaged or destroyed;
- reduce your chances of becoming sick or injured while away from home;
- create useful and potentially lifesaving escape routes from your home;
- construct evacuation plans from your community before, during and after disasters;
- keep in contact with family members, friends and work associates;
- care for your pets or livestock during a disaster;
- keep your money safe and what to do about cash during an emergency;
- stay in touch with friends, family and business associates, no matter where you are;
- cope with natural disasters such as floods, tornados, hurricanes, thunderstorms and lightning, winter storms/extreme cold, heat waves/extreme heat, earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides and mudslides, Tsunamis, fires and wildfires;
- handle hazardous materials ("haz-mat"), chemical accidents and nuclear plant problems;
- overcome terror threats including bombs, biological threats, chemical threats and nuclear;
- select the right insurance plan based on your area, weather and other factors.
What are the special features of this book?
With plenty of fill-in-the-blank charts, hundreds of emergency telephone numbers, and hundreds of relevant Web site listings, Living Safely Surviving Disasters is a full-color "must-have" for anyone concerned about their safety, health and long-term well being. The book's unique innovative design, presentation and binding features ensure readability, portability and usefulness.
Who should read this book?
Living Safely Surviving Disasters is the perfect book for you, your spouse, your business associates and your community in these challenging times especially if you or those you know live, work or travel in areas threatened by natural or man-made disasters. Written by seasoned reporters, emergency workers, doctors and disaster survivors, the updated edition of this book is planned for 2016. We are taking pre-publication orders for the book now (see below).
What are the other books in the series?
Other books in the series include the following:
What is the new International Standard Book Number ("ISBN") and European Article Number ("EAN") of Living Safely Surviving Disasters?
- The ISBN-13 code for the book is: 978-0-9781523-1-4
- The EAN code for the book is: 9780978152314
Can I pre-order this book?
Yes! You can pre-order this book by sending us your e-mail address, telephone number and your country. We will notify you when the book is available in your area through a retail bookstore, an online bookseller (such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble and others) or directly from us.
I'm a disaster preparedness manager for a large company. Can I bulk purchase a large number of copies of this book at a discount for our staff and managers?
Yes! Our Group Sales department makes Living Safely books available to groups and organizations on a volume basis. Our books can also be easily customized for your specific company, with individual emergency contact numbers, contingency plans, travel agency details, internal travel policy and other details. Please contact us for more information using the address supplied in our Terms of Service page.
How can I advertise in this book?
There are a limited number of high-profile advertising positions available in this and other Living Safely books. Please contact us for details, a rate card and a publishing schedule using the address supplied in our Terms of Service page.